Sumary of Virgin Atlantic partners with ‘flying taxi’ company:
- Virgin Atlantic is exploring whether it could launch a flying taxi service as part of a partnership with Bristol-based Vertical Aerospace..
- The airline suggests electric vertical take-off and landing vehicles (VTOL) could fly from towns to major airports..
- Vertical Aerospace says its VA-X4 craft will be able to carry four passengers and a pilot up to 100 miles, as well as being emissions-free and quieter than a helicopter..
- Dr Guy Gratton, associate professor of aviation and the environment at Cranfield University, said Slovenia’s Pipistrel Velis gave a good indication of what a modern electric plane could achieve..
- That is a conventional plane and thus pretty efficient compared to anything with vertical take-off and landing,”…