Sumary of Unemployed in one of these four states? You lose your federal …:
- On June 12, unemployed workers in Alaska, Iowa, Missouri and Mississippi will see their pandemic unemployment benefits shut off three months early, the first of 25 Republican-led states to slash federal benefits that would ordinarily expire in September..
- But the other GOP-led 21 states are forging ahead, turning off their federal benefits through July 19 to heed business complaints that employers can’t find enough workers to serve tables, make beds, and man factory equipment..
- And we have a critical problem where businesses across our state are trying to hire more people, but many are facing severe worker shortages,”.
- Other workers say finding and paying for child care is part of what is keeping them from rejoining the workforce..
- According to a paper from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco published this month, if there were just 28 unemployed people, six workers a month would find a job….