Sumary of Today’s Mortgage Rates — April 8, 2021: Rates Come Down:
- Get $150 off closing costs with Better Mortgage This is one of the top lenders we’ve used personally to secure big savings..
- Learn More 15-year mortgage rates The average 15-year mortgage rate today is 2.547%, down 0.012% from yesterday..
- Your interest savings, however, will amount to $37,032.00 over the life of your repayment period per $100,000 of mortgage debt..
- There’s risk involved in getting an adjustable-rate mortgage, but you can also save money by going this route..
- A 5/1 ARM could be a good choice if you’re buying a starter home, because if you move and get a new mortgage before those first five years are up, you won’t have to worry about a rising interest rate..
- A mortgage rate lock guarantees you a specific interest rate for a certain period of time — usually 30 days, but you may be able to secure your rate for up to 60 days..
- You’ll generally pay a fee to lock in your mortgage rate, but that way, you’re protected if rates climb between now and when you close on your home loan..
- If you plan to close on your home within the next 30 days, then it pays to lock in your mortgage rate based on today’s rates — especially since they’re still pretty low…