Sumary of Boston.com readers love the Red Sox Patriots’ Day uniforms – except for the ones that hate them:
- In case you missed it, for Patriots’ Day weekend this year the Sox will be wearing yellow-and-blue “City Connect”.
- Advertisement We asked readers what they thought about the unusual uniform departure, and 49% of the almost 600 who responded actually approved heartily of the move..
- “I think it a great hat tip to an iconic Boston event that can’t be there in person this year, so to speak,”.
- said Kristen of Nashua, N.H., while Sharon of Mesa, Arizona, originally from Boston, asked the question MLB was no doubt most hoping to hear:.
- said Phil from Arlington, while another reader recalled a notorious 2016 incident involving the Chicago White Sox throwback uniforms:.
- “I wouldn’t want to see these as the everyday uniforms, but for honoring a special occasion like Patriots’ Day and the tradition of the Boston Marathon, I think they’re great.”.
- — Mark, Framingham Stylist and model Chrissy Spacely is among those chosen for the launch of the 2021 Boston Red Sox Nike City Connect series..
- It also completely illogical that the Boston connection uniform is made with Nike, a company from Oregon, and not New Balance, a company headquartered a few miles from Fenway..
- — Joe, Holliston “Utter trash, but unsurprising given what atrocities Nike has unleashed as the official uniform supplier of the NBA…