Sumary of Liz Truss and the power of perkiness:
- And nothing excites them so much as Conservatives who believe that Conservatives are the real progressives and progressives the true reactionaries..
- But David Cameron modernisation strategy consisted of endorsing the left cultural agenda—in essence, forcing Daily Telegraph readers to take the knee to the Guardian..
- When it comes to her other portfolio—equalities—Ms Truss has adopted the posture of Oliver Cromwell “plain russet-coated captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows”..
- She has decisively broken with Mr Cameron strategy of conceding the moral high ground to the left—most notably by rejecting the case for “self-identification”.
- a Tory by conviction rather than inheritance who doesn’t belong to any of the familiar Conservative tribes—grandees, shire-dwellers, nouveaux riches, or, more recently, no-nonsense Northerners….