Sumary of Is now the time to enter the aviation market? Two new US airlines think so:
- Most airlines have struggled during the coronavirus pandemic, but two newbies are bravely planning to enter the US market in the coming months..
- Avelo Airlines announced on Thursday that it will start flying later in April to 11 destinations from its hub in Burbank, California..
- New US airline Avelo is due to start flying in April Avelo was founded by airline executive Andrew Levy, who says that, despite the US having a number of budget airlines, there is room in the market for one more..
- markets, including those abandoned by larger airlines, according to regulatory filings reported by the Associated Press..
- More from Business Breeze is a creation of David Neeleman, who helped Canada’s WestJet take off before launching JetBlue Airways and Brazilian airline Azul..
- It is currently running proving flights (simulated commercial flights) for the Federal Aviation Administration, but is expected to announce its routes and fares as soon as next week..
- AP Mr Neeleman, who owns 36% of the airline according to a September company filing, has previously said Breeze will be “the world’s nicest airline”…