Sumary of Smart Collaborative Tools for a Pandemic World:
- In effect, a combination of video technology advancements and advancements in data communications and device technologies helped people realise the value of such solutions.
- According to James Maina, Design Engineer at Huawei, the above combination has been ably supported by additional technologies like broadband connectivity – fibre, 4G, 5G and WiFi – as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI), and more advanced end-user devices.
- Cloud technologies also mean that enterprises and SMEs no longer face the cost and complication of having to build their own on-premise platforms with servers, he says.
- The reason is that in the modern era, it’s no longer just about video, but also about the sharing of content.
- True collaboration comes from being able to annotate the content from both sides, or even multiple sides, as well as being able to collaborate across boardroom and personal devices,” notes Maina.
- The first of these is video and audio technologies, which have been significantly enhanced in recent years.
- The second advancement is the cloud, which has enabled collaboration technologies to come of age.
- Video service providers have leapt to exploit the benefits of cloud to build successful video service cloud businesses.