Sumary of Seychelles: Seychelles Trading Co. Says Delivery Delays Won’t Affect Prices or Available Supplies:
- The Seychelles Trading Company (STC) says delivery delays for its consignment of goods will not affect the price of commodities for the public.
- The delayed consignment includes items such as rice, oil, butter and toilet paper.
- In a press conference on Thursday, the deputy chief executive, David Jean-Baptiste, said, “STC has a buffer stock of these goods already in the country though, and therefore the delay will not cause any shortages of these items on our shelves.
- “We currently have two ships that have been delayed with one bringing perishables expected to arrive in a week.
- The other – which contains dry goods – has been delayed for over a month and will arrive in Seychelles on August 10,” he added.
- In a bid to lower the cost of goods in Seychelles after an increase caused by the COVID-19 pandemic on the exchange rate, STC this year started reviewing its business model.