Sumary of Liberia: Pres. Weah Vows Efforts to Improve Investment, Business Climate:
- Monrovia — President George Manneh Weah, has emphasized the importance of overhauling the Liberian business and investment climate as the surest way in fighting poverty and sustaining national growth..
- the President promised as he delivered a statement during the ongoing Judiciary Conference Thursday, June 10, in Congo Town..
- President Weah said rebranding the business and investment climate is of urgent necessity if the country is to be on par with countries with better business and investment climate outlooks..
- Liberia ranks 175 out of 190 countries, the President observed, adding that neighboring Sierra Leone ranks 163 out of 190, and that Cote d’Ivoire, another neighbor of Liberia, ranks 118 out of 190 countries..
- Though the Executive and Legislative branches have huge roles to play in driving the business and investment climate, the President thinks the Judicial Branch is critical in the realization of this goal….