Sumary of Kenya: Jobless Teacher’s Pain Over Elusive Nairobi County Job:
- She had just found out that she was among the 610 teachers shortlisted for the position of Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE) caregivers in Nairobi County..
- The news was like manna from heaven, because all learning institutions had been closed indefinitely from March to help reduce the risk of infection among learners, and the fate of many teachers was hanging in the balance..
- It seemed that Nairobi County had finally sorted out issues that have been plaguing the recruitment of lower primary teachers, which have always ended in cancellation..
- “I received a text saying that the interviews scheduled to take place the next day at Nairobi Primary School had been cancelled..
- This is after a group of teachers sued the County Public Service Board for side-lining lower primary teachers who were already working as caregivers in the recruitment..
- However, when the county shortlisted teachers who had applied for the positions, many of the volunteer teachers’ names were missing….