Sumary of Gambia: PS Trade – Gambia Committed to Vision of an Economically Integrated W/A:
- Ebrima Sisawo, permanent secretary at the Ministry of Trade Regional Integration and Employment has reaffirmed that The Gambia government remains committed to the vision of an econoHuman rights groups hail verdict against Yankuba Touraymically integrated West Africa region.
- “The implementations of the ECOWAS Trade Liberalisation Scheme (ETLS) and the Common External Tariff (CET), among other regional initiatives have served to foster closer economic ties Human rights groups hail verdict against Yankuba Touraywithin the region.
- Indeed, in an increasingly volatile global economic order, our strength lies in our unity as a region.
- Therefore, on-going efforts to facilitate economic integration in the ECOWAS region and to promote regional growth will be meaningfully enhanced by the adoption of a sound regional framework for competition law,” he said PS Sisawo was speaking recently during a day-long joint advocacy workshop on regional competition policy.
- The convergence, held at the Sir Dawda Kairaba Jawara International Conference Center, was organised by both the ECOWAS Regional Competition Authority (ERCA) and The Gambia Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (GCCPC).
- ” “The event is also nece Human rights groups hail verdict against Yankuba Touray ‘OIC Gambia Secretariat mobilises nearly $200M to implement projects’ says VP Touray ssary as competition advocacy and enforcement is among the country’s priorities in the National Development Plan.
- ” “Clearly, private sector development is at the centre of economic transformation.
- The ECOWAS region has much to gain by encouraging open and competitive markets, particularly as a means to spur sustainable economic growth, thus ERCA’s role as the watchdog for competition issues between member states is instrumental in achieving such.