Sumary of Kotak Investment Advisors secures anchor investment of $500 m from ADIA’s subsidiary:
- With the first close of this fund, KIAL has raised around $1. 5 billion in real estate across multiple strategies in one-and-a-half years.
- Srini Sriniwasan, Managing Director, Kotak Investment Advisors Limited said, As an india-focused alternate asset manager, Kotak has played a key role in attracting global capital to various alternate asset investment strategies in India.
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited (KIAL) has secured an anchor investment of $500 million from a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) for its 13th Real Estate Fund, which is a $1 billion platform targeting real estate investments in India.
- It may be recalled that ADIA in June this year invested in KIAL 12th Real Estate Fund and committed $500 million for investments in office assets in India.
- He added, This track record has enabled us to emerge as a leading homegrown alternate asset manager with a significant Global LP base who have reposed faith multiple times with Kotak with significant Re-up participation in successor funds.
- Vikas Chimakurthy, CEO, Kotak Realty Fund said, This (13th Real Estate Fund) is an opportunistic fund which can invest across various real estate asset classes and capital stack ie.