Sumary of STOCKS TO WATCH: Could Informa be next prey for FTSE predators?:
- Among the small caps, Mast Energy Developments – a tiny reserve power plant specialist – has come into focus amid talk it has secured financial backing from a major industry player.
- Mast said recently it had bought a gas-powered generation plant in Derbyshire called Pyebridge Power for £2.5million.
- Rare earth minerals firm Pensana set for loansWith the environment at the top of the political agenda it may not be a surprise to hear that the Government could be about to give the green light to a set of multi-million pound loans to Pensana, a London-listed rare earth minerals firm.
- Earlier this year it emerged that Pensana was looking to develop Western Europe’s first rare earth processing plant, a £90 million separation facility in Hull.
- The aim is to produce a sustainable supply of rare earth oxides, used in offshore wind turbines and electric vehicles.