Sumary of Labor’s Porter rival ‘vindicated’ after council bullying claims dismissed:
- ”Pearce is a key seat for Labor in WA alongside Hasluck, held by Indigenous Australians Minister Ken Wyatt, and Swan, held by Steve Irons.
- Ms Roberts was not a Labor member ahead of her preselection but was handpicked by the party because of her existing high profile in the electorate, which encompasses the City of Wanneroo.
- However, a boundary redraw in August saw Pearce lose most of its conservative farming population in the east for more of Perth’s northern Labor-voting mortgage belt.
- LoadingA Labor win would be the seat’s first in its 31-year history.
- Ms Roberts has been Wanneroo mayor since 2011 and was first elected to council in 2003.She said her name was thrown in the mix because she knew Labor leader Anthony Albanese from her work at the Australian Local Government Association.