Sumary of Anthony Scaramucci reveals his biggest investment mistakes:
- Anthony Scaramucci is best known for his brief but memorable role as President Trump’s director of communications, but he has also had a much longer and equally as colourful career in the investment industry.
- ‘The Mooch’, as he became known during his 11-day stint at the White House, worked at Goldman Sachs in the 1980s and 1990s, but then went on to found Oscar Capital Management and later the investment firm SkyBridge Capital.
- In a new interview, Scaramucci fondly remembers his investment in a tequila brand: ‘I think I was 15 to one on that investment.
- We put it in the HBO show Entourage, it caught fire, and then we sold it to the French spirits company Bernard, I think it was called.
- ‘But with the benefit of hindsight and significantly more humility, Scaramucci also now recalls at the height of his ‘investment arrogance’ one of his worst investments to date among a ‘series of losers’ that all investors will suffer.
- Anthony Scaramucci reveals his worst investment came during his time at Goldman Sachs at the ‘height of [his] investment arrogance”I was 27, and for some reason, I decided that I knew more about biotechnology than biotechnology people or scientists or medical doctors.
- ‘And so, I had the worst thing that can happen to you, I bought these call options on a biotech company.
- That meant that Scaramucci was initially well up on his investment, but then disaster struck.