Sumary of Syria ‘caught in a downward spiral’ UN relief chief tells Security Council :
- He highlighted increasing needs, continuing problems accessing hard-to-reach areas, and the need for adequate funding to respond.
- and in Ankara, with the Presidential Spokesman and Turkey’s Deputy Foreign Minister.
- ” An estimated 13.4 million people across the country require humanitarian assistance;
- ” “I spoke there with women, men and children, about the profound effects of more than ten years of conflict.
- “Women-headed households spoke of the challenges they have in finding income, almost none of them having such income available, as well as for their families to survive,” he recalled.