Sumary of Feedback solicited on draft Real Estate Investment Trust regulations:
- The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has initiated final round of public consultation on draft amendments to the Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Regulations, 2015..
- The proposed amendments aim to provide much-needed stimulus for developing Pakistan formal real estate sector through the REIT model, by creating further flexibility, efficiency and ease of doing business..
- The amendments propose elimination of key hindrances highlighted by players and investors in the real estate sector..
- In addition to a major revamp of the conventional REIT model (rental, hybrid and developmental), the amendments are expected to provide viable capital market-oriented investment and financing solutions for the ever-growing infrastructure demand of the country..
- A complete model enabling launch of REITs for public private partnership (PPP) based infrastructure projects is hence introduced under the REIT umbrella…