Sumary of FreeBuds 4 is HUAWEI’s new benchmark for open-fit active noise cancellation earbuds:
- FreeBuds 4 Huawei has launched its latest True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth earbuds, the FreeBuds 4. The open-fit ANC 2.0 technology, air-like comfort, high-resolution sound quality, and intelligent audio connectivity, has made the FreedBuds 4 the most powerful successor yet.
- Passive noise cancellation is mainly achieved through the physical earplugs, isolating the ear canal from external noise, while ANC is achieved through microphones and the use of noise-canceling sound waves.
- ANC uses digital means to actively counteract external noise, thereby eliminating noise that cannot be removed by physical means.
- The open-fit design is more breathable and comfortable for the user due to the absence of earplugs that go deep into the ear canal.
- However, while open-fit earbuds are more flexible to different wearing styles and ear sizes, the acoustic environment for the noise cancellation technology is also more prone to change.
- This means that using the same noise cancellation parameters in open-fit earbuds, which sit differently in individuals’ ears, delivers varying levels of noise cancellation efficiency.
- The challenge with open-fit ANC earbuds is therefore to ensure that the fit does not compromise on having a stable and effective noise-canceling effect.
- Adaptive noise cancellation for a customized listening experience When developing HUAWEI FreeBuds 4, Huawei’s acoustic engineers first collected extensive data concerning the acoustic impedance of human ears.