Sumary of This Entrepreneur Crowdfunded Her Scotch Whisky on Kickstarter. Now, She’s Giving Back $250,000 in Grants to Minority Entrepreneurs … and Yes, You Can Apply for One.:
- July 22, 2021 5 min read Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
- Carin Luna-Ostaseski is a first-generation Cuban American and one of the first Hispanic people in history to create a Scotch whisky company.
- In partnership with activist, actor and producer Wilmer Valderrama, she decided to launch The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by SIA Scotch Whisky.
- Jessica Abo: Tell us a little bit about what made you want to get into the scotch whisky business.
- “What I love about scotch whisky is it’s something that brings people together in real life.
- And I knew at that point that I wanted to pursue my dreams of creating a scotch whisky brand.
- I started blending scotch whisky in my kitchen from my own collection.
- This is how I could introduce an entire new category of people to scotch whisky.