Sumary of Earnings Estimates Have Stopped Going Up:
- This story originally appeared on Zacks Note: The following is an excerpt from this week’s Earnings Trends report.
- You can access the full report that contains detailed historical actual and estimates for the current and following periods, please click here>>>
- – Zacks Here are the key points: We know that the earnings picture remains strong, even though the growth pace is expected to decelerate significantly in Q3 and beyond.
- What we don’t know at this stage is whether the incremental change in the earnings outlook over the coming days, as reflected in earnings estimate revisions, will be positive or negative.
- Estimates for 2021 Q3, whose early reports have started coming out, have not moved up as much as had been the case in the comparable periods in the last few quarters.
- That said, the revisions trend remains positive and could very well gain steam as the reporting cycle gets underway.
- This would follow the +94.9% earnings growth on +25.2% higher revenues in Q2.The chart below shows how Q3 estimates have evolved since the start of the year.
- Image Source: Zacks Investment ResearchPlease note that while the Q3 estimate revisions trend remains positive, it is not as strong as we had seen in the comparable periods of the preceding two quarters.