Sumary of Analysts Estimate AutoZone (AZO) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for:
- You’re reading Entrepreneur United States, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.
- – Zacks The stock might move higher if these key numbers top expectations in the upcoming earnings report, which is expected to be released on September 21. On the other hand, if they miss, the stock may move lower.
- While the sustainability of the immediate price change and future earnings expectations will mostly depend on management’s discussion of business conditions on the earnings call, it’s worth handicapping the probability of a positive EPS surprise.
- Zacks Consensus EstimateThis auto parts retailer is expected to post quarterly earnings of $29.96 per share in its upcoming report, which represents a year-over-year change of -3.1%.
- Estimate Revisions TrendThe consensus EPS estimate for the quarter has remained unchanged over the last 30 days.
- This is essentially a reflection of how the covering analysts have collectively reassessed their initial estimates over this period.
- Investors should keep in mind that an aggregate change may not always reflect the direction of estimate revisions by each of the covering analysts.
- Price, Consensus and EPS SurpriseEarnings WhisperEstimate revisions ahead of a company’s earnings release offer clues to the business conditions for the period whose results are coming out.