Sumary of 5 Critical Website-Traffic Metrics You Should Know:
- July 22, 2021 5 min read Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
- Many digital-marketing agencies will use sheer traffic volume as a measure of success, but visits alone mean nothing.
- 1. Total unique visitorsThe number of unique visitors that each campaign delivers is a good starting point to determine whether or not it’s successful and worth continuing.
- You might be running a content-marketing campaign, and a blog post drives 500 visits to your website.
- After digging, you discover that 300 of those visits were the same person.
- 2. Bounce rateYour bounce rate calculates how many visitors leave your website without clicking over to another page or performing any other action, such as submitting a form or completing another conversion goal.
- A high bounce rate is a good indication that they are not finding what they are looking for when they land on your website.
- If you have a high bounce rate, you might want to install a heat-map tool on your website to see where your visitors are clicking and how far they are scrolling.