Sumary of 15 Undeniable Merits of the Gap Year Experience:
- July 22, 2021 7 min read Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
- 1. Gaining life experienceAt age 22 or 23, many people have relied on others for everything from basic necessities to helping shape their beliefs and core values.
- The gap year gives you time to get away from your usual people, places and things and puts you in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Here’s How to Own It2. Learning maturitySimilarly, taking time to be independent in less familiar places adds maturity.
- Relying on your instincts, making some mistakes, correcting those mistakes and moving on in a positive direction all supply a level of maturity apparent to others.
- And this maturity will be a valuable asset in your arsenal when it comes time to settle down and land that dream job.
- But traveling and not having a steady cash flow takes you to a whole other budgeting level that will be extremely helpful down the road.
- You owe it to yourself to try new things, make some mistakes and then relish in your successful independence.