Sumary of Opinion | Startup billions—valuation is in the eye of the beholder:
- The ultra-low interest rates coupled with the unprecedented trillions of dollars of stimulus due to COVID-19 has caused valuations to increase across the board—startups, stock markets or cryptocurrencies..
- India is one of the largest smartphone markets, has digital payments and has a very poor physical retail presence..
- Global investors can deploy large amounts of capital in India, help entrepreneurs build huge businesses across the country and see good returns in a short time..
- People who don’t understand startup economics keep wondering why loss-making companies are getting so much funding, while profitable real-world businesses are not..
- It takes a rare founder, level heads to use the money raised to build a genuine, sustainable and long-lasting company….