Sumary of Gupshup 6th co to get $1bn valuation in a week:
- Business to consumer messaging solution Gupshup has raised $100 million in funding from Tiger Global at a valuation of around $1.4 billion making it the sixth unicorn in the past week and tenth unicorn in 2021..
- The $100 million marks the first close of a round and is set to be followed by a second close of higher value to be completed soon, Silicon Valley and Mumbai-based Gupshup said..
- Gupshup intends to use the investment to augment its product, expand in global markets, and also plans to evaluate acquisitions to help it transform business communications across various messaging channels..
- Gupshup, which claims 80% revenue growth from pre-pandemic time, closed 2020 with annual revenue run rate of around $150 million..
- This is Gupshup first fundraising in almost a decade as the profitable AI-based messaging platform raised $10 million earlier in 2011 from Charles River Ventures, Helion and Globespan..
- Serial entrepreneur Beerud Sheth, co-founder and CEO of Gupshup said the investment will help them meet rising demand for conversational experiences in business to customer interactions and they chose to go for it rather than having an operational cash flow need..
- “The pandemic has accelerated digital communications by businesses, and messaging platforms have emerged as the new digital storefront,”.
- Launched in 2004, Gupshup is a pioneer in business messaging and its API enables over 1,00,000 developers and businesses and delivers over six billion messages per month across 30+ messaging channels….