Sumary of Pag-IBIG housing loans doubled in January-June:
- THE Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG Fund) reported that the amount of housing loans released to minimum wage and low-income members more than doubled in January to June.
- In a statement, Pag-IBIG Fund said the socialized home loans released during the period stood at P4.66 billion, a 111-percent surge from the P2.21 billion it posted in the same period last year.
- The amount is equivalent to 11 percent of the total home loans released by the agency in the first half of the year.
- Previously, Pag-IBIG said the amount of home loans it released surged to P44.34 billion in the first six months of the year from P20.8 billion in the same period last year.
- The agency also noted that the amount is above the P37.07 billion posted during the pre-pandemic period of January to June in 2019. Pag-IBIG Fund said the socialized home loans aided 10,640 members, which is nearly twice the 5,337 number of loans granted year-on-year.