Sumary of Now playing at a theatre near you — Pandemica:
- Theatre chain Cineplex revenues fell 74.9% to $418.3 million and it almost fell out of the FP500, falling 242 spots to land at No..
- Cineplex may have the toughest challenge of the three given the rise of Netflix and home entertainment options..
- On the plus side, there are now two million registered users of the Cineplex Store, a 33% jump from the same period a year ago..
- Cineplex has also started what it calls private movie nights, allowing a family or a group of related people to rent a theatre for themselves..
- And if people don’t feel comfortable going to the movies just yet, he says they can keep using the Cineplex Store to rent a movie..
- Trust that Cineplex — or any company for that matter — is doing the necessary things to protect both customers and employees….