Sumary of How to Adapt to the Market Environment This Year:
- Image Source: Zacks Investment Research As a historical hedge against inflation, commodity stocks have been outperforming over the past year and look set to continue that run in the first few months of this year.
- We can even view a more recent example of this, highlighted by the three companies we will be discussing below: Image Source: Zacks Investment Research The SDPR S&P Metals and Mining ETF XME has soared more than 200% over the same timeframe and is currently withing striking distance of a 52-week high.
- Image Source: Zacks Investment Research Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (FCX) Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining firm that operates in North America, South America, and Indonesia.
- Incorporated in 1987 and based out of Phoenix, AZ, Freeport-McMoRan operates approximately 165 wells globally.
- FCX is poised to benefit from the international push in electric vehicles, which is positive for copper as EVs are copper-intensive.