Sumary of Tips on creating and marketing a unique identity that will take new-employment seekers from hum-drum to high-flying, even in the…:
- You’re reading Entrepreneur United States, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.
- One way of standing out in this sea of applicants is through personal branding, which has become of increasing importance over the last twenty years, and is uniquely vital in the digital age.
- Prior, and for multiple decades, creating the right personal image was a task seemingly left to celebrities like athletes and movie stars.
- In today’s world, you can boost both career and appeal by employing a well-crafted personal branding strategy.
- Human resource departments do not typically hire based on credibility and credentials alone: they also want to know if candidates have a personality and approach that’s compatible with the company’s.
- It’s best, then, to look for potential employers with which you share perspectives, keeping in mind that they generally are in search of empathy, curiosity, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Related: Personal brand: Everything an entrepreneur needs to know2. Be unique, and creativeOne classic mistake many job seekers make is writing a resume that looks and reads the same as those of legions of other candidates.
- Express your personality and creativity through this critical background page, which is accomplished by determining the ins and outs of the role you are applying for and packaging yourself as a suitable match.