Sumary of Lijing Microelectronics to expand miniLED packaging capacity ahead of schedule:
- China-based Lijing Microelectronics Technology (Jiangsu) will expand monthly miniLED packaging capacity to 800 million chips by the end of May 2021, seven months ahead of schedule, according to one of its parent companies, Leyard Optoelectronics..
- Lijing has obtained miniLED packaging orders worth CNY100 million (US$15.4 million), with shipments scheduled until June 2021, Leyard said..
- With Epistar being the largest supplier of miniLED chips, Lijing produces displays mainly for Leyard’s own-brand sale..
- Leyard has won a project for providing curved-surface miniLED displays to Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) and another for mosaic screens with total display area of 227 square meters to a Chinese client..
- Epistar has annual miniLED chip production capacity equivalent to one million 4-inch epitaxial wafers, taking up 90% of annual capacity for blue-light LED chips in Taiwan, company president Patrick Fan has noted…