Sumary of Apple boosts its ‘Project Titan’ electric car plan by hiring the cofounder of EV startup Canoo, who also spent 30 years at BMW:
- Apple hired a former BMW exec and Canoo cofounder to work on its electric car project, Bloomberg first reported..
- Apple has hired Ulrich Kranz, a former BMW executive and cofounder of autonomous electric vehicle startup Canoo, to work on its electric car, Bloomberg first reported..
- Apple hired Kranz in recent weeks, about a month after he stepped down as CEO of Canoo, people familiar with the situation told Bloomberg..
- He would report to Doug Field, formerly of Tesla, who heads up Apple’s electric vehicle project, the people said..
- Apple’s electric car is still years away The company has recently patented some vehicle features and Apple CEO Tim Cook hinted in April that the tech giant was working on an electric-vehicle project, but said many of Apple’s ideas “never see the light of day.”.
- Reuters reported that Apple plans to build the car by 2024, while sources told Bloomberg in January that the vehicle was “nowhere near”…