Sumary of ‘It will be busiest year on record’: England caravan parks boom as lockdown eases:
- Figures from the Office for National Statistics show activity in the UK accommodation and food services sector grew by 68.6% in April, with the biggest driver being caravan parks and holiday lets..
- There was also strong growth in retail sales, with rising demand for caravans and motorhomes as lockdown-weary consumers packed their bags for a spring break on a camping ground or touring park..
- At Seafield caravan park in Northumberland, Carolyn Britton is fully booked until October for holiday guests and has no permanent pitches left to sell to prospective caravan owners, as demand spirals upwards this spring..
- They are also looking forward to getting away, along with many other Britons, whose bookings for caravan parks and holiday lets boosted consumer spending in April..
- when they told people they were going to buy a caravan for the first time but said their experience on recent holidays told a different story as it was clear a “lot more people our age were investing in caravans”..
- In St Ives in Cornwall, the spring holiday season was unusually busy for Becki Osborne at Polmanter touring park….