Sumary of Is cryptocurrency secure?:
- Image source: Getty Images Share this page: Cryptocurrency is decentralised, meaning that transactions operate outside the control of governments and central authorities.
- On the other hand, the technology that cryptocurrencies use is secure enough to protect your investments.
- Rob Armstrong (managing director, restructuring advisory) and Jen Harrison (senior manager) at Kroll shed some light on Cryptocurrency security and how it should be dealt with in an insolvent estate.
- Before we continue, note that investing in cryptocurrency is extremely high risk and complex.
- The Motley Fool has provided this article for the sole purpose of education and not to help you decide whether or not to invest in cryptocurrency.
- Should you decide to invest in cryptocurrency or in any other investment, you should always obtain appropriate financial advice and only invest what you can afford to lose.
- When cryptocurrency safety is in question, hackers are often the first thing that comes to mind.
- This is probably because of news about hacks in the crypto market, especially cryptocurrency exchanges.