Sumary of Considering emigration? Beware these 5 finance scams:
- However, many expats have fallen victim to scammers who target foreign residents.
- It’s no secret that emigration can leave you vulnerable, mostly because you’re out of your comfort zone and without a good grasp of the new country’s financial rules.
- Christopher Nye, senior editor at Smart Currency Exchange, highlights five financial scams linked to emigration.
- Plot your path towards financial freedom with our Hero’s Journey tool!
- 1. Emigration property scams It’s not uncommon for property buyers to fall victim to a dubious developer or property seller, especially in a new country.
- To avoid this, be sure to use independent property lawyers and reputable and experienced international payments specialists.
- 2. Visa scams during emigration The visa application process can seem long, especially if you’re rushed.
- The best way to avoid scammers is to use the proper channels, even if you feel the process might take longer.