Sumary of The pandemic consolidates the use of the car compared to public transport:
- The continuous confinements decreed since March 2020 to stop the expansion of Covid-19 among the population has caused a collapse of transport in Spain, with collective transport being the one that has suffered the most, compared to the smallest drop in vehicle use private, according to Europa Press.
- This last means of public transport, the urban bus, is the one most used behind the car.
- This means that the car has been the transport least affected by the pandemic, among other things because it is a means that allows individual travel.
- However, statistics show that public transport is an equally safe option.
- Thus, the most dissatisfied with rail transport services were those of Cercanías and conventional Media Distancia, while AVE and Avant passengers were more satisfied.
- Regarding the characteristics of railway services, 43% of AVE users were dissatisfied with the price of the service, followed by Cercanías, with 36%.