Sumary of TikTok fined over English-only privacy terms:
- Netherlands data protection authorities on Thursday said TikTok violated the privacy of young children in the country by failing to offer its information on privacy and data protection in full in Dutch.
- the data protection service said that TikTok “logged an objection” to the fine.
- The authorities said in a statement that by not offering their privacy statement in full in Dutch, “TikTok failed to provide an adequate explanation of how the app collects, processes and uses personal data” that younger children could readily understand.
- Dutch authorities launched the investigation last year The Dutch data protection authorities said it launched its investigation into TikTok last year.
- The social media service has 3.5 million users in the Netherlands.