Sumary of Prices rise like they haven’t since 1992 and hamper economic recovery:
- Almost 30 years have passed, but that was the last time that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) that the INE prepares monthly it was above the 6.5% that the index has marked this past month of December.
- Anthony Pedraza, president of the Financing Commission of the College of Economists of Spain, referring to the fact that the inflation rate has been above the rate at which the economy is growing for a couple of months, around 4.9% according to the latest official information published by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- The information provided by the INE reveals that if in August there were barely a dozen items of goods and services -among the 56 from which the CPI is compiled- in which prices were experiencing an increase of more than 2% per year , at the end of the year that figure was already 26, almost half of the index.
- Basis 2015 headings of goods and services with increases annual higher than 2% August September October November December Index generates.
- Basis 2015 Goods and services rubrics with annual increases of more than 2% August September October November December “You already appreciate the transmission by companies of higher production costs to final prices consumption,” he says.