Sumary of Malaysia: Industrial output expands at fastest clip-on record in April:
- Industrial output expanded at a record-breaking pace of 50.1% year-on-year in April, jumping from March 9.3% increase..
- April stellar result benefited from a favorable base effect, and largely reflected surging manufacturing and electricity and gas sub-sectors output..
- On a monthly basis, factory output swung back into expansion, albeit only marginally, increasing 0.1% in seasonally-adjusted terms in April (March:.
- Lastly, the trend improved significantly, with the annual average variation of industrial production coming in at 3.4%, swinging up from March minus 3.5%..
- FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast panelists expect industrial output to grow 7.4% in 2021, which is up 0.9 percentage points from last month forecast…