Sumary of ‘Not trained for conflict’: Why these border businesses aren’t keen on the vaccination economy:
- Businesses along the southern New South Wales border say they feel as though they are still in lockdown, as customers unwilling to show proof of a COVID vaccination stay away in droves.
- Last week border bubble residents could go to restaurants, entertainment venues, gyms and beauty appointments, regardless of their vaccination status.
- LIVE UPDATES: Read our blog for the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemicBut on Monday the new public health order came into effect which now only allowed fully vaccinated residents those freedoms.
- Mr Young said even fully vaccinated residents were traveling across the border into Victoria to save themselves “the hassle”.
- “He said it was restricting the market and hurting businesses that had suffered through border closures and other restrictions.
- Only fully vaccinated people are allowed into NSW gyms like Rhys Mildren’s.
- “Find more local newsExtra layer of stressMost of Mr Mildren’s clients were fully vaccinated and had been understanding but he said it was still an uncomfortable position for businesses to be put in.
- “Mr Mildren has been developing programs for his clients who are not fully vaccinated so they can still train from home.