Sumary of MARKET REPORT: IG and AJ Bell cash in on the retail trading boom:
- Trading platforms IG and AJ Bell knocked it out of the park with their latest results in an indication that the boom in amateur stock market dabbling is far from over.
- IG saw shares rise 4.1 per cent, or 33.5p, to 856.5p, while mid-cap peer AJ Bell finished up 3.7 per cent, or 15.2p, to 423.2p as it revealed assets under administration had hit £70billion for the first time.
- Stock Watch – Oncimmune Investors cheered Oncimmune after the cancer specialist’s technology was used in a breakthrough Covid study.
- Helped by Oncimmune’s technology, researchers at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles found ‘remarkable’ patterns for how the virus affects men and women differently.
- The jump in yesterday’s share price means co-founder and chief executive John Morgan’s stake is now worth a cool £83million.
- The trade kitchen supplier (up 2.8 per cent, or 24.2p, to 903.6p) said the new-found popularity of DIY, which began during the first lockdown, is still going strong.
- Posh chocolatier Hotel Chocolat lost ground after reports it wanted to raise cash from shareholders.