Sumary of Live: NSW Now: Free parking for NSW Health staff, supermarket closures ruled out:
- Free parking for health staffFree parking is to be provided for NSW Health staff at public hospital car parks to help support them during the pandemic.
- It’s a temporary measure while the current restrictions are in place and will start in the next NSW Health pay cycle.
- It comes after the Health Services Union called for free parking in and around major Sydney hospitals for essential workers struggling to get to their jobs.
- NSW Health deputy secretary Phil Minns said relevant local councils would also be asked to waive parking fines around hospital and vaccination facilities for healthcare workers during the lockdown.
- “We hope this action brings some peace of mind to all our health staff at this challenging time,” Mr Minns said.
- Virus fragments in Byron Bay Fragments of COVID-19 have been found in Byron Bay’s wastewater in the state’s north.
- NSW Health said the finding was of great concern as there were no known cases in the area.
- False reports of supermarket closures NSW Health had to quash rumours on social media that supermarkets would close.