Sumary of Live: NSW Now: COVID outbreak in Redfern social housing towers:
- COVID cluster at Redfern towersNSW Health has confirmed there’s an emerging COVID-19 cluster across three social housing towers in Redfern, with 12 people so far testing positive to the virus.
- The three Redfern public housing towers are home to more than 630 people.
- NSW Health said a COVID-19 testing clinic set up onsite had so far tested 300 residents, with 12 positive cases.
- Confirmed cases and close contacts have been given the option of staying in special health accommodation if they can’t isolate safely in their apartment.
- “The Premier, however, warned it was “too early and too risky” for a further easing of the stay-at-home orders.
- (ABC News: John Gunn)The NSW and Victorian peak business bodies are calling for open travel once both states achieve 80 per cent vaccination coverage, and for the roadmaps out of lockdown to be aligned.
- Business NSW chief executive Daniel Hunter estimates the lockdowns have cost the economies a combined $2.5 billion a week, with many businesses now on the brink of collapse.
- “We would like to see people be able to make their travel plans now for Christmas, be able to see friends and family and book those holidays in regional areas around the borders that rely on tourism,” he said.