Sumary of Cruise lines say no change on sailing plans after new COVID-19 cases:
- Article content Royal Caribbean Group and Carnival Corp will push ahead with a return to cruises this summer despite two guests onboard a test run for Royal Caribbean Celebrity Millennium ship testing positive for COVID-19..
- A year after several cruise ships were host to major coronavirus outbreaks and with large numbers of Americans now vaccinated, cruise lines have been striving to get business going..
- Shares in Royal Caribbean, Carnival Corp and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd, which all booked massive losses last year as restrictions brought the industry to a standstill, fell between 1% and 2% in response to the positive tests..
- Celebrity Cruises later said it was paying to fly both guests home privately on Saturday and planning to disembark the remaining passengers on time after being tested..
- A source close to Carnival who declined to be named said the company was also pressing ahead with its summer cruises as planned..
- Cruise lines are in discussions with Florida, from where some trips will sail, after the state governor pushed against people having to show proof of vaccine…