Sumary of Covid infections in Canada edge closer to US rate:
- Canada has recorded more than one million positive cases and 23,000 deaths from Covid-19, according to Johns Hopkins University..
- Johns Hopkins University data shows that Canada’s Covid rate relative to population has risen to 180 cases per one million people as of Tuesday..
- The US is now seeing about 196 Covid cases per one million people, significantly lower than the more than 700 cases per million it was recording in January..
- More than 90% of those cases involve the variant first identified in the UK, which now appears to have replaced the original strain of the virus in some areas..
- Cases of the Brazil variant have doubled in the past week and there have been nearly 300 cases of the South Africa variant discovered in provinces across the vast country….