Sumary of Sources With Ties to Washington Say Joe Biden Will Renominate Fed Chair Jerome Powell:
- Unnamed sources familiar with the matter indicate the Biden administration may allow Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell to continue as the central bank’s lead.
- The news follows three U.S. representatives asking Biden to replace Powell with a central bank leader that addresses equality and climate change.
- Jerome Powell to Stay for Second Term, Sources Say A report written by Market Watch contributor Greg Robb shows that U.S. president Joe Biden and his administration will likely keep Jerome Powell at the helm of the central bank.
- ” Jerome Powell, the Federal Reserve’s chairman, has been leading the central bank throughout a period of time when the Fed has expanded the monetary supply like never before in history.
- Many complaints have been directed at Jerome Powell and the Federal Reserve’s schemes.
- Speaking with Market Watch, Stephen Myrow, managing partner of Beacon Policy Advisors said: “My base case is Powell now.
- “I think it is a high probability they renominate Powell,” Lieber said on Tuesday.
- However, the Biden administration may be getting complaints about Powell from members of the Democrat party.