Sumary of Russian Court Bans Websites Explaining How to Trade Bitcoin:
- A court in Russia Perm region has decided to block a number of websites describing how to exchange cryptocurrency for fiat cash..
- Kungur City Court Blocks Crypto-Related Sites The Kungur City Court in the Russian Perm Krai region has upheld a request filed by the Beryozovsky District Prosecutor Office to take down several internet sites detailing various methods of cashing out bitcoin..
- Taking into account that the legislation considers the exchange of virtual currencies as a potential involvement in dubious transactions, the prosecutor sent an administrative statement of claim to the court demanding to restrict access to this information..
- The number of the affected websites as well as their domain names were not disclosed, but Forklog quoted the prosecutor office saying that five such requests have been submitted since the beginning of the year..
- Russia Crackdown on Bitcoin Websites Continues Access to the websites subject to Kungur City Court latest decision will be restricted after the ruling enters into force, the Perm Prosecutor Office said without providing any more details..
- The banned sites will join a growing number of crypto-related outlets that have been taken down by Russian authorities in the past few years….