Sumary of Cryptocurrencies are making their way into more retiree portfolios:
- Despite the inherent volatility of cryptocurrencies, a report has found more people of retirement age are delving into the space.
- The findings were shared in the inaugural annual BTC Markets Investor Report.
- This report is aimed at providing insights into the behaviour of Australian cryptocurrency investors in FY2021. Interestingly, the data points to an increased interest in the likes of Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) and Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) among people 60 years of age and older.
- This challenges the stereotype that the sole demographic of crypto investors is young males.
- However, BTC Markets’ recent report suggests older demographics are making a foray into the world of crypto.
- While people between the age of 25 and 43 years old still make up the majority of users of the BTC Markets exchange at 69%, those above the age of 60 are growing at a substantial rate.
- According to the report, this demographic of crypto exchange users increased 15% year-over-year.
- However, these more senior investors are dishing out a greater amount of dosh into their digital investments.