Sumary of Wall Street turns positive after choppy trading due to higher jobless claims:
- Earlier this week, a revived appetite for riskier assets came as worries eased that the Delta variant of COVID-19 would seriously crimp economic recovery, helping to lift crude oil prices.
- OIL FIRMS Oil prices rose more than $1 a barrel on Thursday, extending strong gains made in the previous sessions on expectations of tighter supplies until the end of the year as economies recover from the pandemic.
- U.S. crude recently rose 2.28% to $71.90 per barrel and Brent was at $73.81, up 2.19% on the day.
- Cryptocurrencies were firm after bouncing from lows when Tesla boss Elon Musk said the carmaker would likely restart accepting bitcoin payments after due diligence on its energy use.
- In-depth reporting on the innovation economy from The Logic, brought to you in partnership with the Financial Post.
- Financial Post Top Stories Sign up to receive the daily top stories from the Financial Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.