Sumary of The BlockFi Bitcoin credit card no longer charges an annual fee — here's what to consider if you're thinking of applying:
- Pay with your credit card, and pay yourself back in bitcoin — that’s the value proposition of the new BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card, which has opened its waitlist to everyone.
- It’s the first-ever credit card that replaces the traditional cash-back or miles-and-points rewards structure with the ability to rack up the cryptocurrency that appears on Elon Musk’s Twitter bio.
- If you spend upwards of $50,000 on the card, your earnings power jumps to 2% back in bitcoin.
- As you continue to see Bitcoin in headlines everywhere you turn, should you apply to have one of these cards land in your mailbox?
- We’re focused here on the rewards and perks that come with each card.
- When using a credit card, it’s important to pay your balance in full each month, make payments on time, and only spend what you can afford to pay.
- No. When BlockFi first launched the card, it came with a $200 annual price tag.
- The move keeps BlockFi’s offering in line with other early entrants to the bitcoin credit card rewards race: Gemini’s card will not charge an annual fee when the waitlist period is over, and Upgrade’s recently announced card does not charge one, either.