Sumary of Billionaire Thomas Peterffy Invests in Crypto, Says There’s a Chance It Could Be ‘a Dominant Currency’:
- The founder and chairman of Interactive Brokers, Thomas Peterffy, has revealed that he put money in crypto because he believes “there’s a small chance that this will be a dominant currency, so you have to play the odds.
- ” Interactive Brokers Chairman Invests in Crypto Thomas Peterffy, founder and chairman of a major online trading platform, Interactive Brokers (Nasdaq: IBKR), revealed in an interview with CNBC Wednesday that he has invested in cryptocurrency.
- Interactive Brokers has about 1.33 million customer accounts and $330.6 billion in customer equity as of the first quarter.
- Clients from over 200 countries and territories invest globally in stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, and funds from a single integrated Interactive Brokers account.
- However, he noted: “What I am objecting to is linking bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies by federal regulations to the real economy, which would happen if we were to clear bitcoin along with other products in the same trading house.
- ” Meanwhile, his company is preparing to launch cryptocurrency trading by the end of the summer.